Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cherries in my backyard?

Ok, so I know this has nothing to do with "debt" per se, but I was so excited to find this today as I was churning up my compost pile:


Photobucket

My grandpa planted these trees YEARS ago, but I have never seen them bear fruit. He planted them way out in the back and we hardly went back there, so I was surprised when I looked up and noticed a whole tree full of fruit. From what I can remember, they were cherry trees, but I have no idea if they were edible or purely ornamental. If they are edible, we will have cherries coming out of our ears (free food!) because there are at least three trees out there that are producing. If not, they look nice and brings back nice memories of my grandpa. :) I'm going to try to take a branch to the nursery to get their expert opinion. I'm crossing my fingers that we're going to have a nice harvest of homegrown cherries in addition to the veggies from my garden.

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yeah! I hope they are the edible kind! Nothing like free food! :) Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! They look wonderful, and cherries (the edible kind) are very good for you. :)

Weight Loss Warrior said...

hey made me go to my grocery store and get a bag full of fruits

credit repair

Banks said...

Great story. Need more like this.

sara said...

Really!! You have a Out Standing blog
sara
Debt Management