Sunday, May 25, 2008

My New Obsession

As you may have noticed from some of my previous blog entries, I have become quite obsessed with my garden. The backyard has become a veritable jungle of fruits and vegetables in all stages of development. I am growing seedlings in any container I can find, buying worms to create worm poop, and contemplating collecting leaves off the side of the road to use as mulch. The zucchinis have begun to produce fruit and I've been busy cooking up fried zucchini and zucchini bread. I got some free lemons off Freecycle and made some super sour lemonade, yum! I found out the cherries ARE edible, but are better for jams than they are for plain eating, so I guess I'll have an adventure making my own jams. Oh, and even better....the avocado tree has also decided to have it's free year of producing fruit (after 15 years?!) so we'll also have a fantastic - fingers crossed - avocado harvest.

So yes, I am obsessed much, but that means my previous obsession, blogging, has kind of fallen by the wayside. Every time I sit down to write something, I think of something to do in my garden or I think of writing something about gardening. I should change the name to "The Debt Defier Does Gardening" or something to that effect. :)

But my dear readers (all two of you), do not give up on me yet. Perhaps this gardening obsession will subside and my good ol' blogging self will be back. In the meantime, I'm going to work on an article that I've been kicking around in my head, mainly because it's so cold and gloomy outside that it's no fun to be out in the garden anyways.

Hope you're all having a great long weekend!

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love gardening - this is the best time of year. I had to buy lettuce at the supermarket last week, but that was probably the last time until September! :)

Gardening is frugal, so you're title is still "right on the money". Enjoy your garden this year - sounds like a great crop!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts on gardening! :) I wish I had more space so that I could partake. And, I love, love, love zucchini too! This past weekend I made zucchini bread and a zucchini cake with cream cheese icing! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I love gardening too. Getting outdoors and planting is very enjoyable. For me it is important to get results all summer long. All good gardeners need useful tools but where and what to buy?

Anonymous said...

I was "forced" to tend our garden in my mid teens and hated every moment of it. Now, as an adult, I don't mind it too much. That's a lesson for all parents. Just because your kids do not like something now does not mean they should not do it.

Bird Removal Sierra Vista said...

Thanks grreat blog