Wednesday, August 31, 2005

43 things

One of my fave sites out there is 43 Things. Basically, the whole site is a list of things that people would like to do. I'm not sure why I love it so much. Maybe it is because I love making lists. Or maybe it is because I love thinking of new, fun things to do (that maybe one day, eventually, I will actually go out and do).

Of course, the #1 thing on my list is to get out of debt. When I added that to my list there were just about over 900 people on the list. What I've noticed, is that the number of people who have added that to their list keeps growing and growing. Total number of people who counts "Get out of debt" as a goal is 1,221 people! The total number of people who has actually counted that as a completed goal....only 71.

I'm not sure if the growing number of people on this list is a good thing or a bad thing. It could mean that more people are recognizing the evils of debt and are making an effort to become financially stable. GOOD. It could also mean that no one is actually ever succeeding at getting out of debt and are just losing the fight against the credit card companies. BAD. It could also just mean that the website is attracting more members and thus the numbers mean nothing. NEUTRAL.

At any rate, I hope that soon, I will be one of those who can claim "get out of debt" as one of their accomplished goals.

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning that site.
seems like a good motivator.

Bailey said...

Great Site.
I have never see that before.
I liked "Find 43 Bugs in 43 things"
So random!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great site. I am trying to eliminate debt also, and am trying different work at home possibilities. Good luck.