Sunday, May 22, 2005

Generation Broke

An amazing thing happened to me today. I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Fox News which is always good for a few laughs. I like to watch in amazement at the crap they try to pass off as news; it frightens me and amuses me at the same time.

Well, I was about to change the channel when they segued into a segment on recent college grads and debt. I kept waiting for Fox News to turn this into something patriotic or an opportunity to praise Bush's policies but they didn't. Interesting! Well anyways, it turns out that I'm not the only one in this debt situation. My whole generation is now being referred to as Generation Broke. Can't we be something cool like "The Generation of Geniuses" or "The Generation that Put an End to World Hunger". Nope! We are united by our insane amounts of debt. We are briz-oke and proud.

Read more:
http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzcov22,0,4552719.story?coll=ny-business-leadheadlines

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can understand that....I'm in school loan debt....but I'm really making a good return on that investment. So I guess it all evens out. I'll be 60 by the time I pay off that....*shruggs just thinking about it*

But then again....corporations seem to think now...that bad credit is now good, so they can charge people 21%+ for their interest rate.....

And this is the land of the free of which nothing is free and the home of broke...I mean brave....