Thursday, April 03, 2008

How good are you at the stock game?


Want to see how well you'd do in the (fake) stock market? Check your instincts over at Inspectd and see how much fake cash you can rake in.

How does it work? You start off with $100,000 imaginary buck-a-roos to play with in the stock market. They show you a random chart of a company's stock and you have to decide whether to buy, sell, or hold. If you make the right decisions, your account will grow. If not, you'll have lost your $100,000 smackers in no time.

So how did I do? In about 5 minutes I was up $99,397. Not too shabby. Actually, only about two decisions greatly affected my account value. I made one bad decision and lost a whoppin' $30,000 because I bought instead of sold. I thought I was done for, but then I made $100,000 for buying instead of selling. Goes to show that just one decision on the stock can have a great impact (if you are playing with $100,000 fake money).

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

No comments: