Monday, April 14, 2008

When are you going to receive your tax rebate check?


Hooray for May 9th!

That's when I'll be receiving my tax rebate check. That baby is going right into savings. That's right. Unlike the government, I think a healthy economy is based on savings. How else are people going to have the money to invest in capital? Then again, I'm probably preaching to the choir. :)

Do you know when you're going to receive your check? Are you counting down the days?

In case you're curious, here's the estimated schedule from Money.com:

Direct deposit payment
If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-20 May 2
21-75 May 9
76-99 May 16

Paper check
If last 2 digits of your SS# are: Your rebate should be sent by:
00-09 May 16
10-18 May 23
19-25 May 30
26-38 June 6
39-51 June 13
52-63 June 20
64-75 June 27
76-87 July 4
88-99 July 11

Let's hope you're not getting your refund by check and your social security number doesn't end in 88-99. :)

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, May 9th is my birthday!

Now you have 2 reasons to look forward to it!

:P

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you know that the last two digits of my ssn are in the 90s so I won't be getting mine until mid May. Mine is going into savings as well. It should be the final bit into my initial emergency fund. Then it's back to work on the debts.

Anonymous said...

"Let's hope you're not getting your refund by check and your social security number doesn't end in 88-99. :)"

Wouldn't you know it, that's me!! Oh well! Like you, mine will be going straight into savings.