Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh my dental woes

My teeth are quickly becoming the bane of my existence and a drain on my wallet. Just a couple weeks ago, I went in to get a root canal and got a temporary crown put in. It hasn't been giving me too many problems...until two days ago when I was eating kettle corn. I looove kettle corn and was chomping away when I hear CRACK. I had accidentally bit into a kernel with my bad tooth. I run to the mirror and check it out, and it looks fine. Whew. I thought for sure I was going to have to go in for another costly dentist visit, but it seemed just fine.

Then last night, I was flossing away while playing Scrabble with my boyfriend. Why I felt so compelled to floss at that moment, I'll never know, but all of a sudden, I look down and see that my tooth is on the floor! There is nothing more humbling then to see your tooth falling out of your mouth (unless you're 5 years old, of course).

The first thing that goes through my mind is, "Crap! That's going to be another $200!" I contemplated going around with a big hole in my mouth and living off a liquid diet for the next 4 days, just so I wouldn't have to pay any more money at the dentist.

Luckily, Recapit came to my rescue and for $5 I was able to cement my tooth back into place. Let's just hope that my teeth stay in my mouth until I go back to the dentist and I don't have to shell out any more cash for my chompers. If my teeth keep this up, I'll never reach my grad school savings goal!

add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users

1 comment:

ChicagoBCF said...

This was ggreat to read